The Greek Islands
Today, Syros is the administrative center of the Cyclades
Prefecture . Despite the fact that is the capital of Cyclades from
the point of view of the architecture has nothing to do with Cyclades
! This "strange" fact
taken together with its excellent landscapes and beaches and the
proximity to Athens , transformed the island into a very popular
- Hermoupolis is the capital of the island with fantastic
buildings venetian styled.
- The archaeological museum.
- The municipal theatre (Apollon) is a
miniature of Milano's Opera.
- Tarsanas (The old shipyard) where the
ships in the old days were built.
- Chalandriani is the necropolis of
the first civilization of Cyclades .
- Swimming beaches: Finikas, Possidonia,
Kimata, Galissas, Taliro and Phinikas.
How to arrive
- By boat from Piraeus duration 4 hrs 15 min.
- By Hydrofoil
from Rafina duration 2 hrs.
- By air from Athens duration 30 min