The Greek Islands
Between 2000-1500 BC developed significant civilization.
The volcanic explosion in 1450 BC eliminated the central part of
the island. The name Santorini was given by French who lived in the
island during the Venetian occupation. The discovery of a Minoan
city sunk to the dust proves the high level of civilization that
existed in the island. The island is famous for the fabulous sunsets
thus the preference from newlyweds for their honeymoon.
- Fira: Nice village
with beautiful sunset
- The archaeological museum
- Kamenes and Therasia: two volcanic
islands that can be visited by boat
- The village of Oia .
- The ancient Thira .
- The site of Akrotiri.
- The monastery of Prophet Elias.
- The villages of Pyrgos and Monolithos.
- Swimming Beaches: Perissa, Kokkino and Kamari.
How to arrive
- By boat from Piraeus duration 8 h 30 mn.
- By hydrofoil departing
from Rafina duration 6 hrs 20 min.
- By air from Athens duration 45