The Greek Islands
The birthplace of Pythagoras the mathematician, Aristarchos
the astronomer and Epicurus the philosopher. The island is also famous
for the sweet wine ( Muscat ). Samos is an interesting and pleasant
resort due to ancient ruins and nice beaches.
- The Vathy village - the
Byzantine museum, the archaeological museum.
- The monastery of
- The port of Karlovassi .
- The archaeological sites of Hereon and
the Eupalinos tunnel.
- Pythagorean village - The church of Panagia
- The ruins of the temple of Hera .
- The villages of Agios Konstantinos,
Vourliotes, Kokkari, Marathokampos, Mitilini and Pirgos.
beaches: Gagos, Roditses, Psili Ammos, Poseidonion, Bei, Kotsikas,
- Galasio, Myrtias, Avlakia, Tsabou, Lemonakia, Kokkari, Votsalakia,
How to arrive
- By boat from Piraeus : duration about 11 hrs.
- By air in
60 minutes from Athens .