The Greek Islands
Paros in the old times served as a naval station
for Crete . In the 8 th Century B.C., thanks to its fantastic marble,
was the highest point of development of Paros . In 13 th century
came under Naxos 's rule. Orlof used the island as base for the Russian
Today is a popular holiday resort because it offers tranquillity
and exciting night life.
- The capital of the island Parikia.
- The archaeological museum
which contains sculptures from different parts of the - island
church of Hekatondapiliani known from its 100 doors and arches.
- Kolimbithres is a sandy beach near Naoussa and is surrounded
by huge rocks in the shape of sculptures.
- The villages of Lefkes
- Swimming beaches: Aliki, Chrissi Akti, Kaminia, Agios
Fokas, Logaras, Palia Aliki, Pounda, Piso Livadi.
How to arrive
- By boat from Piraeus duration 4 and 5 hrs.
- By Catamaran
departing Rafina duration 2hrs 30 min.
- By air from Athens duration