The Greek Islands
In the ancient times the inhabitants of the island
were members of the tribe Dolopes.In the middle ages the island was
the centre of piracy activity. In 1204 Alonisos became a Venetian
colony. In 1538 the island came under Turkish rule and liberated
- The ancient capital where houses and buildings and the castle
itself, built in the10th century,
can be seen.
- The popular art museum
with many exhibits of folkloric art.
- Kokkinokastro is the area where
the ruins of Acropolis and the Venetian Castle .
- The monasteries
of Analipsi, and Kyras Panagias.
- The cave Cyclopes at the island
of Gioura .
- Swimming Beaches: Patiri, Votsi, Plakes, Megali Ammos,
How to arrive
- By Boat from Agios Konstantinos (166 kms from Athens ) duration
Departure from Volos : duration 4 h.
- By Hydrofoil
from Agios Konstantinos duration 2 h et 35 min.